Goodbye 2011, and Hello 2012. This year went by faster than I thought. It seem as if it was just yesterday I was celebrating 2010(so cliche). In less than a couple hours, it’ll be a new year. This year has complied with such rebellious, impulse, rational decisions made this year but no regrets. All the trouble, the yelling, the put downs and the make ups, has tested me more than any year prior. It was a good year yet a struggling one. Now, it has come to end.
As much as I hate to see 2011 go, I can’t wait till 2012 to come. I want to make new wonderful memories with my love ones. Bring on the adventures.
Let’s lift our spirits with a soft chewy ginger cookie. Usually when you eat these, I recommend 2-3 per serving and a heaping glass of chilled white milk. YUM!
- 1 1/4 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 Tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 Tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 Tsp. allspice
- 1/3 Cup butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- 2 Tbsp. white sugar (for rolling cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend flour, baking soda and spices together and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together butter and 1/2 cup of sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg until well mixed. Then add the molasses and mix to combine.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Using rounded teaspoonfuls (or not quite full tablespoons), form dough into balls and roll them in the extra 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet, lightly flatten and bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
I don’t remember how I stumble upon these videos but I’m glad that I did. These video may not represent a good portion of the female population but I have to admit, I am guilty of saying the same phrases or “shit” that are displayed in the video. hahaha
I’ve been a doodle-er since grade 1, from what I can remember. I use to doodle all over my notebook that was given out in class. Instead of practicing on perfecting my ABC’s. I drew stick people, flowers and cookies. Sometimes, stick people eating flowers and cookies, I was a weird kid back then.
I have never shown people my doodles and lately, my boyfriend been harassing that I should start a blog, post a whole bunch of my doodles/drawing and see how things goes from there. Basically, sharing what I enjoy to do. haha
Where here it goes. My first post of my doodles…..in action.