Apple + oatmeal + cinnamon + plain yogurt + honey = the best
Let’s lift our spirits with a soft chewy ginger cookie. Usually when you eat these, I recommend 2-3 per serving and a heaping glass of chilled white milk. YUM!
- 1 1/4 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 Tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 Tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 Tsp. allspice
- 1/3 Cup butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- 2 Tbsp. white sugar (for rolling cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend flour, baking soda and spices together and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together butter and 1/2 cup of sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg until well mixed. Then add the molasses and mix to combine.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Using rounded teaspoonfuls (or not quite full tablespoons), form dough into balls and roll them in the extra 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet, lightly flatten and bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.